Paralegal Apprentice with Ashfords LLP
- BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Bristol (City Centre), Bristol
- 288.46 weekly, 36.25 hours per week
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Duration of Apprenticeship:
As a Paralegal Apprentice, you will provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to Partners and Fee Earners, whilst building a foundation of legal skills and knowledge through your Level 3 Apprenticeship programme. You will assist with providing an efficient and cost effective legal service to the clients of the firm, with a particular focus on client care and compliance with the firm's quality and management services.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting fee-earners with a variety of legal tasks, matters and transactions
- Assisting with preparation and submission of Land Registry applications and obtaining copy documents from the Land Registry
- Document review and production of reports
- Contributing proactively to the development of processes
- Assisting with management of client files, including financial aspects
- Ensuring instructions and procedures are efficiently handled and implemented
- Ensuring deadlines are met and managing key dates
- Delivering an outstanding level of client service in a cost effective manner
- Document scanning and production in conjunction with our reprographics team
- Bundling and indexing legal documents
- Meticulous time recording
- Filing correspondence and documents using the firms document management system
- Filing correspondence and documents in the main hard copy files
- Diary management and meeting/travel organisation
- Call handling
- Assisting with billing administration
- Variety of other duties as required
As a Paralegal Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services which can afford you exemptions from the first two years of the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from and on-the-job learning.
8 GCSE'S (or equivalent) at 9 - 4 and 3 A levels (or equivalent) at A* - C totalling 96 UCAS points.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- In order to be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate a proactive "can do" attitude and the ability to use your own initiative in a fast paced environment. You will need be able to take a flexible approach to your work and be a good team-player, as well as being highly organised. You will also need to demonstrate excellent attention to detail. You will be interested in pursuing further education whilst learning a variety of skills essential to a career in law.
At the end of the 24 month apprenticeship, there is the possibility to apply for Paralegal opportunities that may be available or to continue with further legal studies, should there be a business case to do so. This includes the possibility of joining the Solicitor Apprenticeship programme at year three thanks to the additional content included in the Paralegal Apprenticeship.
About BPP Professional Apprenticeships
BPP is one of the UK’s largest providers of professional apprenticeship training. They work closely with some of the UK’s leading employers including RBS, EY and Starbucks to create unique opportunities for apprentices.
Who Are BPP Professional Apprenticeships?
BPP have been delivering professional qualifications for over 40 years. Training over 80,000 leaners each year, across areas including law, management, accountancy, insurance, banking, nursing, healthcare and more.
What BPP Professional Apprenticeships Offers
BPP's programmes are developed in partnership with employers and respected professionals. Their programmes offer recognised professional qualifications, with a clear pathway from one level to the next – all the way up to chartered status. Regardless of position, almost anyone can get involved. From entry-level talent, to the most senior leaders. Through an apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to develop a stronger, wider and deeper skill set.
Once you’re on your apprenticeship, you will be surrounded by BPP’s experts. Including dedicated Coaches who will support you through your journey, and Tutors who will provide their expertise on your chosen course. BPP’s flexible delivery blends digital learning with a face-to-face approach, and in some cases peer-to-peer learning, to help minimise disruption in your working environment.
- 0161 244 6471
BPP 5TH FLOOR, ST JAMES' BUILDING
79 OXFORD STREET
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert