Apprentice Project Assistant
- QA Apprenticeships
- Uddingston, Glasgow
- £12,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Construction & Property
- Role Type
- Start Date
FP McCann is a family ran business; with a Head Office based in Uddingston, they are keen to support and nurture junior talent to support internal promotion and progression. The last apprentice hired has achieved several promotions and has become a valued member of their close-knit team!
This is a brand-new opportunity! After previous success of apprentices, the Project Management team have decided to create a new opportunity for an Apprentice Project Assistant. This is a unique opportunity to shadow the team, visit sites across the country to familiarise yourself the products and services offered by FP McCann.
- Salary – £12,000 per annum 37.5 hours per week 28 days holiday Pension
What future opportunities will there be?
There are excellent opportunities for progression within the company, with a strong focus on continued learning and personal development. Salary reviews will be considered at manager's discretion.
What will you do in the short term?
- You will be paired with a dedicated mentor to show you the ropes, shadow their position and the wider the teams Familiarise yourself with the company’s products and services to ensure you are comfortable in the apprenticeship role Ordering material/plan for sites as required Coordination and delivery of projects
What will you do in the long term?
- Initiate, plan, control, and close projects to meet set project targets, such as time, cost and quality Creating project reports for sites and uploading on Qload Developing technical knowledge to advise operations staff and best working practices for products Liaise and support other departments to support business objectives and develop forward progression for FP McCann
- Good communication on the phone and via emails Interest in Autocad would be favourable but not advantageous Problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box Ability to work independently and take ownership of duties
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert