Food & Beverage Apprentice
- Inspiro Learning
- £392 per week
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Hospitality & Travel
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
A wonderful opportunity has become available at The Marriott hotel for an enthusiastic apprentice to join the Service team as a Front of House apprentice.
You will need to be enthusiastic and hard working and ready to contribute towards the perfect customer experience.
- Assists in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our guests
- Ensures that guests are seated and provided with menus/drinks menus promptly and as appropriate.
- Ensure that all guests’ requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is delivered to guests at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with the menu and as much information about the food and beverage offering available in order to answer any questions guests may have.
- Take food and beverage orders and ensure that orders are communicated to the kitchen and bar promptly and accurately.
- Ensure an efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders in line with guest expect expectation ensuring an exceptional level of service is maintained at all times
- Set up, clear and promptly service tables after use to ensure that guests can be seated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the restaurant areas are clean and well presented at all times and assist with cleaning and Housekeeping duties as required
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times and ensure that any guest complaints and comments are reported to management
- Ensure all cash charge, float and till procedures are carried out in line with agreed procedures
- Prepare all back of house service points with regard to expected numbers for breakfast, lunch or dinner requirements as necessary
- Assist in the set up and preparation, and provide service duties for functions as required.
- Support the kitchen staff as and when required and in accordance with hygiene and safety regulations
- Ensure that all front of house and guest areas are well maintained at all times
- Any other duties as directed by the Restaurant & Bar Manager or other member of the management Team.
- The hotel business functions seven days a week & 24 hours a day. All associates must be aware that at times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift and/or department to another department within Food & Beverage and on occasion beyond the primary department as business demands fluctuate or at the discretion of the Supervisors, Head of Department or Executive Committee member. As part of your development this cross-training is essential so that you are better able to exceed our guests’ expectations and meet their varying levels of demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
- Shift work and regular weekend work is part of the role. This may also mean you may be required to work different shifts other than your normal shift hours as part of the new norm.
As an apprentice you can also apply for an NUS card!
Please see link below with further information
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from social care and hospitality to retail and automotive and lots in-between. While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements and strategy — it all starts with your needs.
- 0800 731 8199
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert