Apprentice Commis Chef
- Inspiro Learning
- Chester, Cheshire
- £380.00 per week
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Hospitality & Travel
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation, presentation, decoration and menu dishes including:
- Meat dishes and meat marinades
- Fish, shell fish and sauces for fish and shell fish
- Garnishing techniques and methods of service for fish
- Pastry, cakes and yeast goods
- Petit fours and desserts
- Prepares Regional Dishes appropriate to the hotel menu, location and guest mix.
- Buffet Food
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information.
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Prepares in advance food, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Cleans and re-sets his/her working area.
- Control supplies and minimise wastage
- Maintain a level of broader knowledge to handle minor problems in all fields of the department.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximise opportunities for self development.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Ensuring all food items are produced to company specifications.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- Be 16 or over
- Not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- Have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- Learn and train for a specific job
- Get paid and receive holiday leave
- Get hands-on experience in a real job
- Study for at least 20% of your working hours
- Complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- Be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
Levels of an apprenticeship
Each apprenticeship has a level and an equivalent education level. You can start an apprenticeship at any level.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent education level. For example, if you complete a level 3 apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent of an A level.
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from social care and hospitality to retail and automotive and lots in-between. While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements and strategy — it all starts with your needs.
- 0800 731 8199
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert