IT Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
- £16,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Supply Chain & Transport, Unspecified
- Role Type
- Start Date
The Welgo name has been synonymous with first-rate service in office equipment and stationery for over 50 years. During that time, we have evolved, and have a keen sense of our client’s needs.
Our ability to adapt to changes in the industry has kept us at the cutting edge. And because we can pass on this knowledge to our clients, many of them have remained loyal Welgo customers for decades.
Welgo has a strong local customer base across the Lothians, and a well-established market throughout Scotland and the UK.
If you have a flair for computer hardware and software, know the difference between an Ethernet port and a USB port, and understand how a hard drive is used to store data, then this could be the ideal role for you. Do you want to study towards a qualification while earning on the job? This could be an ideal opportunity for you.
- Salary - £16,000 per annum Working hours - Mon - Fri 9am – 5pm (37.5 hours) Home Based, Lothians area 20 days annual leave plus 7 public holidays
Future Career Progression:
This is a genuine career opportunity; the apprenticeship is designed to last up to 12months, after which you will ideally develop into a permanent member of the team on completion of your Modern Apprenticeship.
Interested? Apply Today
- Respond to customer requests via phone calls and emails and manage through to a Successful resolution. Support includes hardware break fix and software support for Servers, desktops, and laptops. Deliver onsite support to the customer when remote support cannot resolve the issue. Resolve hardware faults (Monitors, laptops, desktops, printers, phones). Setting up users’ computer, IP phone, printers and completing IT orientation. Answering helpdesk tickets (Voice and/or email). Maintenance of software licencing records
- Confident and polite customer service manner. Be able to work well under pressure and adapt to change. Problem solver and able to take the initiative. A basic understanding of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of IT hardware will be beneficial.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert