Apprentice Care Assistant
- Inspiro Learning
- West Byfleet, Surrey
- £152.10 (weekly)
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Education & Training
- Public Sector / Government
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
As an apprentice you will learn to:
- Enable customers to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care.
- Promote choice to clients in their daily living by providing care, which meets care quality commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and support happy living for the years ahead.
- Comply with CQC fundamental standards and Anchors policies and procedures at all times.
- Prioritise tasks as appropriate.
- Escalate concerns/issues as appropriate.
- Record accurate and legible documentation.
- Deliver a care plan.
- Identify and report signs of poor practice or abuse.
- Identify and ensure health and safety standards are met.
Within the first 12 weeks of your induction period, you will:
- Gain the ability to read, understand and contribute to care plans.
- Learn about Health and safety in the workplace.
- Complete all Statutory and Mandatory Training.
- Care Certificate 15 standards.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Adult Care Worker qualification.
- You will receive onsite training with a training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain life skills.
- Gain confidence.
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.76 after 6 months and £9.50 after 12 months until the end of your apprenticeship. As part of your Apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
Levels of an apprenticeship
Each apprenticeship has a level and an equivalent education level. You can start an apprenticeship at any level.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent education level. For example, if you complete a level 3 apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent of an A level.
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from social care and hospitality to retail and automotive and lots in-between. While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements and strategy — it all starts with your needs.
- 0800 731 8199
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert