Apprentice Catering Assistant
- Inspiro Learning
- West Byfleet, Surrey
- £152.10 (weekly)
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Hospitality & Travel
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
As an apprentice you will learn to:
- Contribute to happy living by delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of food and drinks within the location.
- Serve meals to customers as required.
- Keep the kitchen equipment, crockery and utensils clean and hygienic.
- Report any concerns to your line manager.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Production Chef.
- You will receive onsite training with a training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain essential life skills.
- Gain confidence.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.76 after 6 months and £9.50 after 12 months until the end of your apprenticeship contract. As part of your apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using the expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from social care and hospitality to retail and automotive and lots in-between. While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements and strategy — it all starts with your needs.
- 0800 731 8199
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert