Conference and Banqueting Apprentice
- Hilton Hotel
- Southampton, Hampshire
- £10 p/h plus Hilton Benefits
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
- Hospitality & Travel
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, School or college leaver, Work experience, Other work and training
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
As a Conference and Banqueting Apprentice with Hilton you will be working towards a Hospitality Team Member- Conference and Banqueting Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months. No prior experience needed – just a passion for Hospitality!
Benefits and Pay
- £10 per hour, plus service
- Travel and food discounts: 30 discounted hotel nights per year plus 50% off Food & Beverage (subject to individual outlets)
- Free meals on duty
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Pension scheme
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Grow your career and Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP) & Wellbeing Hub
- Dedicated 1-2-1 support throughout your apprenticeship
- Functional Maths and English skills offered alongside the programme
What will I be doing?
A food and beverage apprentice will be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by your head of department.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Working within the Food and Beverage department;
- Setting up for service
- Food and Drink service
- Cash and Payment handling
- Maintain high levels of guest service
- Comply with Health and Safety, and Food Hygiene regulations
- Complete all aspects of the apprenticeship programme
- Work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends
What are the desired skills?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- The ability to deal with enquiries in a professional and polite manner
What are the desired personal qualities?
- A passion for hospitality and guest service
- Willingness to learn
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- To enable you to sell alcohol, we require you to be 18+ for this position. If you are under 18 please look through our other positions.
WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES – No two days or two hotels are the same, but our spirit and passion for hospitality always brings all our teams together to create a culture of inclusiveness, positivity and drive to achieve our common goal. “To share the light and warmth of hospitality”.
Whether you are looking to kick start or develop your career, Hilton will provide you with several career growth and learning opportunities.
FIND YOUR THING AT HILTON
Here at Hilton, our thing is hospitality and maybe it’s yours too. Hilton offers you the freedom and flexibility of finding that one thing that you can turn into an exciting career.
Our Team Members named us a great place to work in 24 countries including #3 in the UK and #1 in Ireland.
Each year, we ask our Team Members what excites them most about working at Hilton so we can build on the positive aspects of their experiences at work. Here’s what they have said:
• The people I work with
When you pursue a career at Hilton, you’re part of a unique global enterprise characterised by the closeness of its team members.
• Opportunities to grow my career
With us, you can find the opportunity at every step of you career that fits your unique skills and passions. We offer award winning programmes for apprenticeships, internships and graduates.
• Pride in the Hilton brand
Diversity is at the core of our Vision, Mission, and Values. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that fully represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints.
• Connection with guests/customers
Team Members in our hotels work at the heart of our mission to be the most hospitable company in the world. Hilton has impacted billions of lives and thousands of communities around the world, bringing people and cultures together while expanding horizons and opportunities.
• Meaningful and fun work
Thrive at Hilton is our Team Member Value Proposition. It supports the well-being and performance of our Team Members with innovative programmes.
• Special and Unique Benefits
Hilton offers you and your family the chance to take that dream vacation with our “Go Hilton Travel Discount Programme” with deep discounts at our hotels around the world.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL IS WHO WE ARE, AND WE ARE HILTON!
Hospitality Integrity Leadership Teamwork Ownership Now
179-199 Holland Park Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert