Job summary14-monthFixed Term Contract - Apprenticeship
Are you our next apprentice administrator hero?Could you help us provide great patient support?Are you looking for an exciting challenge working as part of a busy team?
If so, you could start off your career supporting the admin team within the Diabetes & Endocrinology department, working whilst studying for an apprenticeship with the help and support from our great team.
This exciting post will allow the successful candidate to gain experience and knowledge in a wide range of activities.
You will be enrolled with a local education provider and will be required to complete your Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard qualification within the duration of the placement.
Your time will be split between our admin teams in Endocrinology, the Clinical Investigation Unit and General Medical Outpatients.
The post holder will be expected to contribute to the provision of the highest standards of patient care.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
The post holder will assist with reception duties and administration tasks, and this will include dealing with telephone enquiries, recording referrals, booking appointments, clinical typing and organising patient's notes in order to ensure our clinics run smoothly, photocopying, filing and general office duties.
Interview date: 13th April 2023About us
- You will provide high quality administration service to the department.
- You will split your time between several areas within the department, getting to know and working with different staff groups.
- You will have excellent communication skills and will need confidence when dealing with service users over the telephone and face to face.
- You will create patient clinic packs, handle patient notes and information on a daily basis, so you will be expected to have a high level of accuracy and confidentiality. You may be asked to take and collect patient notes across the hospital site.
- You will need good data entry and IT skills.
- You will be able to prioritise your workload and work on the departmental database systems.
- Being a good team player is a must and you will uphold the Trust's PRIDE values.
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N&N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
23 March 2023Pay scheme
£9,379.76 a year per annum, £180.38 per week Contract
14 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital