Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Student Health Visitor
- NHS England Apprenticeships
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Health & Social Care
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Start Date
Student Health Visitor - BSc/PG Dip Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Level 7
Are you a registered Nurse in
- Adult Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Learning Disabilities Nursing, Children's Nursing or Register Midwife.
Looking to become a Health Visitor?
Have a min 2:2 Level 6 Degree in relevant nursing studies.
Full Time Course
Apprenticeship opportunity 52 weeks
Starting week commencing 11th September 2023
Placement is within the Salford 0-19 Universal Community Childrens Services part of the Integrated Community Division within Salford Care Organisation.
The course timetable will be split between the Salford University, and the clinical placement in Salford, according to the curriculum.
Interviews will take place on the 27th and 28th of April 2023. Applicants must be available for interview on these dates and be able to start the course in September 2023.
Please provide 1 academic and 1 professional reference
Main duties of the job
- A Supervisor and Assessor will be allocated to you, who will offer support in achieving the learning outcomes for practice to becoming a qualified SCPHN Health Visitor.
- You will work as part of a 0-19 Team in the Community.
- You will be responsible for the assessment of patient care needs under the supervision and support of a Assessor and Supervisor.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the Health Child Programme for the 0-19 service.
- You will identify additional needs of children and their families implementing packages of care under supervision in order to improve health outcomes.
- You will co-ordinate the case load ensuring effective communication is maintained at all times across all stakeholders.
- Your time will be spent equally distributed between your practice placement and the university.
- You will support a culture of learning and reflective practice and contribute to the Trusts Clinical Governance Strategy and Public Health agenda, whilst ensuring that you meet the learning outcomes set by the educational establishment.
- You will be based with your supervisor at various sites across the city.
- During this time skills will be developed to enable the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme in a variety of community settings, including the Schools and the family home environment, whilst working as part of a skill mix team.
Salford Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. A place with an outstanding reputation. Salford is the place which is taking bold, pioneering steps towards delivering a world class, fully integrated care system for adults. Twice rated Outstanding by the CQC, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust is responsible for delivering a range of community and primary care services and specialist services to Greater Manchester and beyond.
24 March 2023
Agenda for change
£27,055 to £32,934 a year pro rata
Children's Community Services
City Wide Salford
Working for us We are 1.3 million strong We are from all walks of life We Are the NHS
And you could be too.
The NHS offers many different roles, in different settings, with different ways of working, within hundreds of organisations.
This creates a unique opportunity for people who want a varied, flexible and challenging career within a world-class culture.
We have our own recruitment website that advertises job vacancies via NHS Jobs, online recruitment sites as well as social media. You can search for jobs, find jobs that match your skills, and apply for NHS England and NHS Improvement vacancies online.
See below for NHS England and NHS Improvement’s current vacancies.
If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, you can explore over 350 careers, compare specific opportunities and take the find a career quiz on the Health Careers website.
Anyone working in any part of the NHS should feel part of a team where we bring out the very best in one another – inspiring each and every person and unleashing potential.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert