What will the apprentice be doing?
Pearson May are an experienced, regional firm where you can
become part of a great team and make a real impact, as opposed to being just a small cog in a large firm and put into a particular department. At Pearson May our aim is to help our clients realise their personal and business goals. We believe in a planned and proactive approach in order to maximise income and minimise tax, which in turn will help you to create and retain more wealth.
Candidate will be exposed to a wide variety of accounting
and tax areas.
Duties in this role will include dealing with:
- Company Accounts.
- Sole trader and partnership Accounts.
- Tax Returns.
- VAT Returns.
- CIS Returns.
- Departments for personal tax, corporate clients and probate (Possible opportunity to be exposed to these environments).
Pearson May have a range of clients in different sectors and
with different circumstances.
Many of our team are longstanding, have chartered
qualifications and have great knowledge to learn from. You will receive support from your colleagues throughout
your training.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
ACA is a great option if you're looking to become a chartered accountant and work in accountancy and finance. It opens a wealth of opportunities, as you can specialise in specific areas or sectors, or work broadly across multiple industries. You will gain the ACA Level 7 qualification and you'll also need to have 450 practical work experience days.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Certificate Level: You'll be introduced to the essentials of accountancy, finance, and businesses. You'll learn about double-entry accounting, assurance, business and technology, law, management, and taxation.
- Professional Level: This level teaches you how to apply technical knowledge to real-life scenarios. You'll deepen your knowledge on financial reporting, audit and assurance, tax compliance, finance management, business strategy, and business planning.
- Advanced Level: You will give you the skills to understand how accountancy and finance works within businesses. You'll learn about corporate reporting and strategic business management.
Progression to a more senior or manager status. Even possibility to become partner one day (all six current
partners began the training with Pearson May!).
Opportunities to be involved in more complex aspects.
- Take on more responsibility for a portfolio of clients.
- Possibility of being allocated the candidates more
favourable work. E.g tax department, audit team.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
Other Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired Things to consider
Salary: Starting salary from £20,000 plus benefits depending on prior education and experience. Benefits Include: Holiday is 25 days plus bank holidays when qualified (students is 20 days plus BH). Death in service benefit. Health and wellbeing programme. Employee and Client referral bonuses. Christmas bonus. Car parking in Bath and Chippenham office. Employer pension 3%. Sick pay. Mileage reimbursed. Reimbursement of professional subscriptions when qualified.