What will the apprentice be doing?
You'll be making a sustainable difference in people's lives, shaping cities, reimagining transport and transforming nuclear energy. And with the choice to work across Cities & Development, Nuclear & Power, Transportation, Water or Environment, you'll decide where you want your career to go.
Here's what your role as an apprentice would involve
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Developing your skills in a wide range of exciting projects
- Learning about project lifecycles which in turn will allow you to support your team
- Learning and using relevant design software
- Being involved in client meetings and assisting in building key client relationships
- You'll get to understand and learn digital skills to help us harness technology in new ways
Risk and Safety Management Professional
Our apprenticeship programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you'll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You'll work towards your professional qualification; whichever path you take, your future starts here.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You'll be able to progress your career further using the knowledge and skill that you gain on this course, including going on to work in many risk and management related roles, such as:
- Independent risk consultants
- Risk officers
- Healthcare risk managers
- Crisis team managers for petrochemical companies
- Risk managers within the military
- Chief finance officers
- Senior managers
- Senior project managers
- Security managers
- Risk and safety management consultants
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
Other English and Maths (Grade Level 2 qualification) Essential