What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide Technical explanations to customers, promoting how products can solve specific problems, representing the technical aspects of the product and propose how these aspects can benefit the customer. You will develop a strong technical understanding of the complexities of the Torus product range to enable you to eventually promote products independently to Customers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be expected to process orders on a day to day basis following the Procedures and policies in place to ensure continuity of information and supply to customers and internal departments is maintained to the highest level. You will support in all aspects of the sales function as you progress in your apprenticeship.
- Advising customers on application of Products and services.
- Applying technical skills to demonstrate equipment to potential customers, promoting the product or service and how it may suit the customer better than competing products.
- Liaising with customers to determine technical requirements and specifications.
- Trial Customer Components within Torus systems to ensure that the Customers technical requirements can be met.
- Collaborate with the design, production, engineering, or research and development departments of the company to determine how products and services fit the Customers requirements.
- Generate Technical reports.
- Create Technical Specifications
- Create Marketing material content
- Generate Quotations.
- Process customer orders.
- Process customer order acknowledgements.
- Travel to customer sites both in the UK and Abroad.
For the Level 4 HNC Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, it is compulsory that learners attend training centre to achieve knowledge, understanding and competence in the following subjects:
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment & Systems
- Wiring & Testing Electrical Equipment & Circuits
For the Level 4 Diploma in Engineering Manufacture learners have the following subjects to select specific units from subject to their individual requirements, qualification requirements and correlation to their job role:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- New Product Development
- Engineering & Manufacture
- Council for Administration - Leadership & Team Skills
- Business Improvement Techniques
Potential for a permanent position
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
Other Level 3 Engineering Apprenticeship Qualification (Grade Pass) Essential