IT Technician Apprentice (Maltby Learning Trust)
- Estio Training
- S66 8BE, Rotherham
- National minimum wage for age
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 37 hours per week
About the company:
Maltby Learning Trust is a successful and highly collaborative partnership of seven local schools, committed to raising the educational ambitions of the community which it serves. It is a highly inspirational and ambitious organisation which strives for excellence in all it does to achieve the best possible outcomes for people and the community.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Technician with Maltby Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust based in Rotherham.
The appointed technician will work alongside a core team of technical support staff to:
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of ICT systems across the Trust. Provide scheduled technical maintenance and support for ICT systems. Provide reactive IT support as required, including telephone support, remote support, site visits and assistance with hardware quotations. Candidates may be deployed to various Academies across the Trust, as required, throughout the apprenticeship.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Monitoring service desk calls and responding to tasks as required, escalating jobs where appropriate and contacting external suppliers for support if necessary. Helping to implement a programme of regular maintenance of all computer networks and equipment. Checking deliveries and transporting equipment around the Trust as required. Installing and maintaining computer software/operating systems. Maintaining supplies of printing consumables as required. Contributing to the evaluation and procurement of hardware and software. Locating faults in, and making repairs to equipment, including keyboards, printers, connecting cables and computers. Undertaking directory administration, including the creation and maintenance of user accounts and security/distribution groups. Assisting in the administration of DNS, DHCP records and other network related tasks. Assisting in the administration of Office 365. Assisting in the maintenance and development of Academies websites, learning platforms, and digital signage solutions. Helping to ensure that all changes relating to systems, including for example web filtering/firewall, conform to Trust policy. Helping maintain documentation required at each site, including hardware inventories, subscription lists and network diagrams. Disposing of end of life equipment, safely and securely in line with Trust policy. Participating in specialist training and other learning activities and performance development as appropriate. Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths).
- A good level of competency in IT systems, including PCs, mobile devices, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and achieve deadlines. Ability to work with a wide range of people. Ability to work as part of a proactive team as well as on your own initiative. Ability to stay calm and controlled under pressure. Good organisational skills. Ability to help students in the learning and support process.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage. Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components. Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards. Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert