What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for exceptional candidates who have the potential and ambition to become managers of the future specialising in; Commercial/Purchasing, Customer Service, Sales, Operations and Logistics
The programme will give you a unique opportunity to experience working in all parts of the business with professional development training and support along the way. You will be mentored by and report to a Kite Managing Partner, who will provide insight into the operational side of Kite Packaging and support your learning
You could be working on:
· Working with the commercial and purchasing teams assisting with the customer enquiries, supply chain management, sourcing of new product and pricing.
· Supporting account managers with customer service, communicating with Kite's vast customer portfolio, and helping manage customer projects.
· Working with the sales team targeting prospective customers, helping generate and manage enquiries, learning about Kite's product and solution offering.
· Supporting the warehouse operations, learning the warehouse management processes and distribution logistics planning.
· Assisting branch manager with the office administration, data management and special project execution.
The apprentices will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about every business function of their local branch and will ultimately be able to shape their own career in the business function most suited to them within Kite.
Successful candidates will obtain a BSc (hons.) degree which will include:
· Identifying opportunities for technological improvement, selecting products from suppliers
· Working with market research professionals to translate consumer insight into packaging design features
· Identifying packaging opportunities and championing them to stakeholders
· Identifying and optimising solutions that improve sustainability and minimise environmental impact
· Managing complex projects to time and budget
· Generating new packaging products in response to briefs
ensuring that packaging developed meets set requirements, legislation and specifications
· Producing samples to optimise the end product; different materials, formats and designs
· Running trials to check packaging for suitability and performance under various conditions
· Controlling specifications, production and quality standards
undertaking technical evaluations, selections, and negotiating with suppliersWhat training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This is a 4-year programme integrating a professional, business degree (BSc. Hons.) focusing specifically on the Packaging Industry in collaboration with Sheffield Hallam University. The degree starts in January 2024 and involves attending Sheffield Hallam University on block study for a total of 20-25 days each year. All costs of attending the degree course, as well as the time off work required, will be covered by Kite Packaging.
Upon completion of the programme, successful candidates would take up a position to further develop their skills with an opportunity to become a Team Leader or Manager.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 6/B or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade BBC / Distinction Merit Merit) Essential Things to consider
SHU Progress provides support for applicants whose personal circumstances might mean that there are barriers to going to university such as care leavers, carers or applicants with disabilities (and 11 other groups). For more information on the scheme, including how to join, please visit the website: www.shu.ac.uk/SHUprogress