Higher Apprenticeship – Engineering
As a Higher Engineering Apprentice, you’ll discover what it takes to bring clean water to millions of people, every day. You’ll get an end-to-end overview of the engineering process, exploring pioneering projects at different stages of their development.
Build a lasting water network for the 21st century
- Work side-by-side with our Engineers on a variety of challenging projects
- Develop new construction techniques and systems
- Find innovative solutions to diverse and complex problems
- Design the next generation of Severn Trent infrastructure
- Get nationally recognised qualifications and take your skills to degree level
From design to development, idea to installation
Working in Engineering takes fluid thinking – the ability to see problems from different angles and use range of skills to solve them. That’s why we’ve built our scheme around rotation placements. You could be creating models from scratch one day and negotiating with local authorities the next, testing new construction methods or presenting them to the CEO. This is a chance for you to learn about the process of growing a network, from start to finish.
We’re a business that’s transforming and we want our Apprentices to start leading that change. This is a Level 4 HNC/HND programme of up to 4 years – that means, once you’ve completed your training, you’ll also have the opportunity to progress to degree level.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ A Levels in relevant subjects or equivalent Certificate/Diploma in Engineering, Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering*
- Have gained 3-5 GSCEs at grade C or above in English, Maths and a Science subject*
- Willingness to get your full UK driving licence (if you don’t already have it)
- Ability to get to work and college independently – not all our sites are on public transport routes
- The full right to live and work in the UK (without restrictions)
*Note: If you don’t have any formal qualifications, you can show (possibly through a portfolio) that you’ve the potential to complete this apprenticeship through having previously worked in this sector at Level 3 or higher. Please apply if you’re currently employed in the sector and are looking for personal development and career progression.
To find out more click to apply.