IT Service Desk Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- YO42 1NS, York
- £12,000 - £17,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 29 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Who you’ll be working for:
Phoenix Software has over 30 years’ experience and expert understanding of software licensing and transformational infrastructure solutions. Coupled with the insight and innovation of their delivery consultants, they are perfectly placed to advise on every aspect of IT strategy from concept, design and deployment through to software licence management, cost optimisation and compliance.
They believe that the integrity of the company and its people are critical and have been certified by Best Companies for their commitment to their employees, with a 3-star accreditation rating. They were described as a well led and well managed organisation demonstrating world class levels of employee engagement.
What’s in it for you?
Phoenix Software are currently seeking energetic individuals to join the company as an IT Service Desk Apprentice. As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you.
With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing first line support.
- Taking customer support calls and raising support tickets.
- Liaising with senior engineers to ensure support requirements are fulfilled.
- Carrying out hardware builds for new rollouts.
- Participating in internal project responsibilities.
Desired skills and qualities:
You will need the following skills:
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work hard and eager to learn.
- Adaptable, with the ability to multitask.
- Superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware and software.
- Enthusiastic and hardworking.
- Positive and self-motivated.
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
37.5 hours per week.
Salary: [will change over the course of the apprenticeship duration]
- 0 - 6 months service starting salary - £12,000 per annum upon commencement of Apprenticeship.
- 6 - 12 months service salary increases to £14,500 per annum, dependant on individual performance, manager discretion, portfolio on track and wider apprenticeship on track.
- 12+ months service salary increases to £17,000 per annum, dependant on individual performance, manager discretion, portfolio on track and wider apprenticeship on track.
After successfully completing the apprenticeship, you will achieve industry recognised qualifications and invaluable experience, giving you a fantastic start to your career within the IT sector!
You will also be in a great position, aiming towards gaining a possible promotion to the Technical Support Team.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert