IT Service Desk Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- BL5 3DG, Bolton
- £14,500 per annum.
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Eventura is an award-winning Business Systems and Managed IT services provider, with offices throughout the UK and Europe. Since founding in 2003, we have helped hundreds of businesses achieve their ambitions by providing them with solutions for success. Our complete offering of Business Systems and Managed IT services means that we can take every project from concept, through to completion and ongoing support, with a single number for customers to call.
Working as part of the Operations department, our Service Desk Apprentices have an important job, being the first point of contact for customers requiring assistance. This role provides customer support, helping to resolve incidents and manage requests within the terms of predefined Service Level Agreements.
£14,500 per annum.
- Providing remote technical support to customers via, phone or email whilst maintaining a high level of customer service
- Ensuring that all incidents and requests are accurately logged and categorised within the Even1ura service Desk system (Cherwell)
- Communicating effectively with the team, customers and third parties
- Taking ownership of user requests and escalating more complex service issues to the relevant team member when required
- Actively participating in preventative maintenance by documenting common problems and scripts
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software operating systems, applications, systems, networks, printers, scanners and associated technologies
- Planning and undertaking scheduled routine maintenance checks and upgrades
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings in accordance with Eventura's internal quoting policies and procedures
- Engaging in administrative duties including maintaining records of hardware service tags and software licenses etc. (CMDB)
Additional duties include:
- Ensuring service level agreements are met, informing customers and suppliers of progress
- Establishing and maintaining positive and successful working partnerships with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Communicating professionally, both verbally and in writing to ensure clarity in service delivery
- Continually participating in training relating to Eventura's product and service offerings. This may include examinations and qualifications that support the strategic direction of the business
- Contributing to additional activities such as team meetings and events
- Performing light lifting (25Ibs) to carry equipment as required
Required skills & qualities:
- Being self-motivated and organised
- Working to deadlines
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Communicating effectively via email, phone and in person
- Demonstrable skills in literacy, numeracy and diligence
- Working both independently and as a team
- A willingness to undertake additional responsibilities
- Detecting inconsistencies and analyse data
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records
- Learning quickly and adapting to complex concepts
- An honest and discreet approach to confidential information
- Prioritising and balancing multiple tasks
- A keen interest in IT
- A flexible approach to work (including travel between sites as required)
A DBS Check is required (this will be provided)
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
37.5hrs a week -- details TBC upon interview.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert