The Royal Oak are looking for a keen apprentice to join the kitchen team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about working in a kitchen and also interested in learning where ingredients are sourced from. The menu is exciting, using fresh produce and exposes you to varied dishes. You will be assisting the chefs to learn how to prepare and cook food for all aspects of the menu.
You duties will include:
- Preparing and finishing classic sauces
- Knife skills, preparation of veg & fruit
- Meat & fish preparation and cooking to include roasting, frying grilling etc.
- Ensure procedures and schedules are followed
- Maintain clean and sanitised food preparation/storage areas
- Ensure that any equipment is clean and maintained
- Ensure the smooth running of the kitchen during service
- Be aware of and follow emergency, safety and first aid procedures
- You will be working in a demanding environment completing practical tasks to meet the needs of business and customer
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification. Your Qualification will be delivered by Inspiro Learning who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Vocational Learning Advisor coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship. So there is no college involved.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.