Apprentice in Digital Communications
- NHS England Apprenticeships
- Competitive salary
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2023
- Health & Social Care
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Start Date
Here at Hull Hospitals, we have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join our small, dynamic communications team, delivering effective and efficient administrative and technical support for the organisation's digital communications service.
The aim of the service is to develop and maintain the organisation's staff intranet and public-facing websites to a high standard.
Main duties of the job
- After training, is the first point of contact for anyone contacting the Digital Communications service via email, telephone or in person
- With support, manages the Digital Communications email inbox as a key responsibility
- Under supervision, updates databases, spreadsheets, exports runs, and runs scripts, using a range of IT systems
- Provides high quality technical and administrative support to the Digital Communications service, with exceptional time management skills and the ability to plan own workload and support the co-ordination of priorities on a daily basis
- Supports to deliver an efficient, high quality technical and administrative service to support the delivery of service objectives, and in the development and maintenance of multiple high quality websites
- Has excellent organisational skills to support and coordinate day-to-day business and projects
- Manages invoices and resources following agreed policies and procedures
- Communicates clearly and efficiently with a range of organisations and individuals, developing excellent business relationships
- Develops ways of bringing together data and information from different sources and presenting findings clearly to members of the team and where appropriate, a range of audiences
- Plays a key role in internal and external communication, developing networks and effective communication with individuals and other organisations regarding the activities of the Digital Communications service
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £800 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust's secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
10 March 2023
£10,296 a year Apprenticeship Scale
Hull Royal Infirmary
Working for us We are 1.3 million strong We are from all walks of life We Are the NHS
And you could be too.
The NHS offers many different roles, in different settings, with different ways of working, within hundreds of organisations.
This creates a unique opportunity for people who want a varied, flexible and challenging career within a world-class culture.
We have our own recruitment website that advertises job vacancies via NHS Jobs, online recruitment sites as well as social media. You can search for jobs, find jobs that match your skills, and apply for NHS England and NHS Improvement vacancies online.
See below for NHS England and NHS Improvement’s current vacancies.
If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, you can explore over 350 careers, compare specific opportunities and take the find a career quiz on the Health Careers website.
Anyone working in any part of the NHS should feel part of a team where we bring out the very best in one another – inspiring each and every person and unleashing potential.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert