What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support the product development teams with design of new products or product features using technologies appropriate to your stage of learning and experience, ensuring that the design is sympathetic to all stakeholders through manufacture, assembly and end use
- Provide technical input to the analysis of business requirements, assist with the writing of technical specifications and preparation of work breakdown planning from requirements and design specifications
- Review designs and verify they meet the design brief and relevant regulations and standards
- Participate in work prioritisation, work estimation and planning
- Part of being an apprentice at Yunex Traffic means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey
- This will be a 5 - year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Product Design and Development Engineer Standard
- You will attend College / University on a 1 day a week basis
Product design and development engineer (degree) Level 6.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent employment after apprenticeship as a Product Design Engineer.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Physics (Grade 5) Desired
A Level or equivalent Math (Grade B) Essential
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade B) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Merit) Desired Things to consider
Yunex Traffic recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.