Through our higher apprenticeship you'll be making the most of your talents, getting to understand the finance industry from the ground up; and doing so with the help of a leading global organisation.
As a finance apprentice you will be studying towards your CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting, following the Level 4 Professional Accountancy standard. For the duration of this 18-24 month programme you will be given one day per week in which to work towards your professional qualification. For the other 4 days you will be working in the business, applying your learning and gaining a breadth of experience within the finance function.
• Complete specific task as requested in supporting the Transactions team of the Shared Accounting Services to perform accounting transaction activities e.g. invoice processing and query management, cash settlement checks, monthly close accounting including reconciliations
• Escalate risks & opportunities quickly and to the appropriate management level
• Gain an understanding of the Thales commercial models and how they are accounted for
• Support compliance and development of internal controls to satisfy Thales Group ICQ
• Actively support and as necessary lead the SAS team in the implementation of transformational change
• Ensure departmental deadlines & commitments are honoured
• Liaise with Internal & External auditors
• Ensure as far as the role dictates that financial affairs are conducted in accordance with Group Principles & processes
• Maintain an ethical approach to business in line with the Thales' Ethics PolicyRequirements and prospects Desired skills
- Computer literate and thorough understanding of Company software.
- Efficient Administration skills
- High level interpersonal skills - Ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Communication skills - Able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Experience within Outlook, Word and Excel would be beneficial
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are motivated, committed and keen to learn. A self-starter who is able to manage their time, show initiative and has a genuine interest in finance and Thales. Whilst you will be fully supported to undertake and complete your studies, this programme does require a personal commitment of study in your own time. Successful candidates will show self-discipline and an aspiration to achieve the CIMA qualifications.Qualifications required
3 A Levels at grade C+, or equivalent Level 3 qualifications in relevant disciplineFuture prospects On completion of the apprenticeship, individuals will have opportunity to complete further CIMA qualifications, whilst working within the finance function. Things to consider All applicants will be expected to: • Confirm their ability to travel to and from this place of work • Confirm their understanding of the apprenticeship scheme • Have a passion to study the qualification and a good understanding of the profession • Research the company before applying for this vacancy • Understand the job role and long term career opportunities PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS.