Hartree Centre Administration Apprentice
Hartree Centre Administration Apprentice
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington
£13,564 rising to £15,551 in Year 2
Fixed term (2 years)
The Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is a partner organisation within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
Part of the newly formed UKRI, STFC aims to make sense of the universe. From cancer treatment to airport security, energy generation to emergency care, our impact is felt across the globe. We’re committed to keeping the UK at the forefront of world-changing science, but that will take more than science alone. You can have the opportunity to use and develop your skills to help make this happen.
About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Level 3 Business Administration Apprentice based within the Hartree Centre at STFC, SciTech Daresbury.
This will be a fulfilling and rewarding role playing a crucial part in supporting the demands and challenges of administrative delivery in a scientific business environment supporting world leading research.
You will be part of a small team of experienced administrative staff, supporting technical and business administration functions whilst working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Directorate Administration Support
- booking national and international travel for Directorate staff
- meeting and greeting visitors
- co-ordinating office accommodation for new starters and office moves
- monitoring registrations (help in creating registration page)
- conference preparation, refreshments lunches and badges
- conference registrations and on the day support
- taking event materials to exhibitions/conferences
- helping with set up/take down at events (on and off site) including setting up screens with digital content where appropriate
- research for BD presentations (well-sourced up to date facts and figures on big data/industry/AI)
- taking photographs at events for social media/news items.
Depending on aptitude/communications/literacy skills
- drafting social media posts
- creating slide decks for internal screens with departmental news
- drafting In Brief articles/website news items
- write a blog post about your experiences after the first year/or about a general topic relevant to your workload or projects.
You must be able to travel to Warrington & Vale Royal College independently once a month to undertake professional training.
You will have a GCSE at Level 4 or above in English and Maths or an equivalent qualification.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products – particularly Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
To succeed in this role, you will have; clear and professional written and oral communication and organisational skills as well as the ability to prioritise tasks.
Relevant experience of administrative activities or events management in a social, educational, voluntary or work environment will be beneficial.
What we offer
UK Research and Innovation recognises and values employees as individuals and aim to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability. The reward package includes a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to apply please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc248122_9084.aspx . Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
Applications will be shortlisted by the quality of your CV and Covering Letter. Please ensure you explain clearly why you feel you are a good fit for this role, taking into account the duties and responsibilities and the person specification. Please provide examples where possible, taking into account school/college project and/or work-based experience.
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2019.