VAT Apprentice /Indirect Tax ) - Starting in April 2017
4 days left
- To learn about indirect tax, starting with legal principles, then administering the checking and submission of VAT returns, VAT registrations/Deregistration.
- You will then be involved in responding to HMRC on technical matters such as appealing, penalties and surcharges.
- In the longer-term, this will also involve the preparation of VAT returns, the checking of VAT returns and business records and to grow in confidence. Initially.
- The role will be compliance based but in time and if you are willing, this will grow in to a consultancy role or mixed consultancy/compliance role.
- The role does not involve visiting clients at their premises so does not require a car/travel.
- The role is office based and will follow a training programme devised by the existing VAT team to gradually expose the role to greater concepts such as mediation, tribunal/Court work and import duties.
Some knowledge of Excel/Spreadsheets is desirable but not essentialPersonal qualities
Willingness to learn new skills, interest in Law and problem-solving are more important than mathematics/accounting skills.Qualifications required
You will have obtained your 'A' Levels in Science, Georgraphy, History or Law. We will also consider candidates who have 'A' Levels in Economics or Mathematics. You will have obtained a minimum of B,B,C in your 'A' level subject areas.Future prospects The vision for the role is for it to be a permanent position focusing on the administration of Indirect tax. Things to consider This is a VAT/Indirect tax position, please apply if you have an interest in working in taxation.