Global Tech Services IT Field Engineer
Salary: National Minimum Wage for Age
About the company:
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Global Tech Services GTS IT Field Engineer – Apprentice with Harsco Environmental a premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries globally.
The Global Tech Services GTS IT Field Engineer – Apprentice role is part of the Harsco Environmental Division’s IT support function reporting to the GTS Regional Team Lead. This role will be based at the Divisional Office in Rotherham.
The role will provide day to day on site support to the Divisional Office and will form part of the wider GTS support team.
This is an opportunity for an apprentice to gain hands on experience of IT delivery and to work as part of a global support team (remit will be UK initially, but opportunity to expand support to the region (+ France, Belgium + Luxembourg)
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Responsible for assisting with the installation, security, maintenance and support of all site hardware/software and peripherals including server, desktop, network, mobile equipment & telephony, working to our established system standards.
- Carries out a range of defined tasks associated with operating, supporting and maintaining a secure and standard IT environment for the division.
- Conducts duties in accordance with the Enterprise IT standards and procedures and technical roadmap.
- Proactively manage and monitor the Harsco Environmental IT infrastructure and services at the Rotherham Office training in PTRG and backup monitoring.
- Responds to incidents and requests from users, specialist or others and can deal effectively and efficiently with limited range of problems in a timely manner ensuring a swift and appropriate resolution training in basic ITIL and service desk management using Service Now help desk.
- Ensures that all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently to agreed levels of service or specific requirements for Service Level Agreements for Harsco Environmental.
- Take ownership for ensuring that new employee onboarding experience is seamless, ensuring hardware and access has been provisioned on day-one and user training on services has been performed training to be provided.
- Review and maintain IT operations documentation including hardware/software applications, assets, support logs and other related information. Adhere to SOX, GDPR and other security and compliance policies/procedures.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- On job training to be provided.
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer focussed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – demonstrable experience in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-starter – able to work on own initiative and be proactive.
- Outstanding analysis and problem-solving, troubleshooting issues to full resolution.
- Understanding of Active Directory, network, cloud services such as Office 365, Server OS and basic IT architectures and principles
- Knowledge of ITIL and service management framework processes (desirable)
- Ability to work within a matrix model in a geographically disparate environment and as part of a global team.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated attitude.
- Drive to learn.
- Good time keeping.
- Good communication skills.
The role could offer a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.