Level 4 DevOps Engineer
Working Hours: 09:00am - 17:00pm
About the company:
ZirconBlue specialises in EDI in all its forms, integrating various transactions such as orders, invoices, etc. from one business system to another.
The primary means of achieving this is an in-house developed cloud-based system called ZEDI.
They are a small team of technically focussed people dedicated to providing customers with a level of service and technology that is far superior to the competition.
We take pride in delivering integration solutions that exceed the customer’s expectations within agreed timescales each time, every time.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an EDI Consultant with ZirconBlue an specialist systems integration company based in Woking.
An EDI Consultant must, first and foremost, be able to provide effective and accurate support for the customers.
In order to do this, they need to know how to effectively use the ZEDI system to provide customers with solutions that exceed their expectations. Full training on ZEDI, XML, XSL and other technologies will be provided.
They would be expected to discuss, understand and document new customer requirements as well as develop and implement the mappings and processes required to automate them.
It is hoped that the successful candidate will also propose and implement improvements to the existing technologies and processes used by the business. For example, the implementation of an effective CI/CD process.
If appropriate, an EDI Consultant may also be responsible for the development and implementation of add-ons to the ZEDI system. For example, software to allow the API for a customer’s or marketplace system to be used by ZEDI.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting existing customers to answer questions and resolve any issues.
- Development of translations to convert transactions from one format to another.
- Implementation of robust processes to automate the processing of transactions.
- Onboarding of new trading partners for existing customers.
- Fully understanding and documenting new customer requirements prior to agreeing contracts with them.
- Manage projects and conduct regular progress meetings with the customers.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Practical experience of any programming language (VB.Net and ASP.Net particularly desirable)
- Mathematical skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas in a manner that can be easily understood by non-technical people, both verbally and in writing.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel.
- Ability to identify multiple solutions to a given problem and select the most appropriate for a given situation.
- Dedicated to meeting commitments and providing quality solutions.
- Good timekeeping, being punctual for on-line meetings.
- Willingness to learn from colleagues and other sources.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 DevOps Engineer, with training in how to:
- Write scripts and coding to meet your business’ needs.
- Develop and deploy software and cloud infrastructure.
- Build and operate a Continuous Integration (CI) capability.
- Implement and improve release automation and orchestration.
- Use security tools and techniques for software development.
- Evolve and define IT architecture.
- Follow test driven development and ensure appropriate coverage.