Level 4 Software Tester
Weekly Hours Worked – 08:30-17:00 Monday - Friday (Hybrid working involved)
About the company:
We provide professional testing services at all levels across the system lifecycle, helping mainly large, complex Enterprises to deliver systems of known quality to their customers. Our people deliver exceptional outcomes, and you will be given every opportunity to develop your skills and career with the right balance of support and challenge to achieve your potential. Our people are our greatest asset, and our client relationships are key to our success. Our clients are delivering key commercial and government projects in complex environments, often parts of the National Critical Infrastructure, and QTM provide key skills to support clients both directly and in collaboration with the international SI’s that service them. We have pioneered the placement of teams into these accounts and have received positive feedback on the professionalism and capability of our people and the work they do.
The System Testing Job Family provides services to organisations that create, maintain, and deploy complex IT systems. There is a career structure which allows progression from entry-level as a Junior Test Analyst learning about systems assurance and readiness for use, through to Test Director responsible for the quality of complex customer-facing systems.
Core, personal, characteristics and soft skills are vital at all levels. You will be an intelligent and innovative team player who thrives on challenge and makes a difference.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Create test scripts and data and execute tests.
- Record results and report to stakeholders.
- Carry out test-related activities, both manual and automated.
- Record outcomes and report to stakeholders.
- Participate in planning, design and requirement reviews.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A willingness to learn and understand manual and automated testing.
- A desire to learn about testing tools and software.
- A willingness to learn about various testing methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Waterfall).
- A willingness to learn about how to create and execute test plans and test cases.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- A proactive approach to work and is a driven individual.
- Experience working on multiple projects concurrently - preferred.
- Passionate about technology and providing a high degree of service to customers.
- Ability and desire to develop new skills, expand knowledge, and learn new technologies.
- Self-motivated, able to work without supervision and have a flexible and proactive approach.
- To be able to manage own workload and communicate any challenges effectively.
Desired knowledge/experience of the below tools:
Working in a diverse and inclusive workplace you will be given:
- The opportunity to work on impactful, meaningful projects.
- A place as part of small, autonomous agile teams.
- The chance to utilise the latest technologies on a large scale.
- Supportive communities of practice, where you can share and develop your skills and knowledge.
- Defined career progression.
- Training and development.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.