Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked - 40 Hours Per Week
About the company:
FreshStance bring a fresh approach to IT Managed Services. We advocate cloud solutions to empower businesses and accelerate growth.
Since 2015, the company has been providing IT support and project services to other small businesses in fields like medicine, finance, charities and many more. The company use a range of technologies including traditional servers and infrastructure and cloud solutions from Microsoft and Amazon Web Services as appropriate to the customer and their IT needs. Proactive management of systems and fast, efficient telephone support enables our customers to deliver their services smoothly.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with FreshStance IT, an IT Support and Services based in Hatfield (5-minute walk from the station).
You will be working within a team providing IT support, initially carrying out routine checks and assisting end users to log support tickets. You will quickly progress to providing IT support by phone and using remote support tools.
You will be supporting traditional Microsoft server-based systems as well as cloud solutions such as Office 365, Azure and Amazon Web Services.
You will be joining a young dynamic company in a role which will be well mentored and will provide a variety of opportunities to learn. You must be flexible and be able to assist in a number of areas this will include support, customer service and project work.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
Reporting to the lead consultant/managing director your duties will include:
- Install, support and service business customers.
- Handle telephone calls and emails from clients and create support incidents as needed.
- Carry out regular checks and processes.
- Provide 1st line support to clients – via telephone, email and remote working.
- Provide onsite support to clients.
- Identify areas for improvement within support to improve service delivery to clients.
- Strive to improve communication both internally and with clients.
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate to the role and business needs.
Part of this role includes the requirement to maintain excellent relations with the customer and other resolver groups, guiding and aiding effective incident resolutions. As the first line of contact with customers you must always maintain a professional and corporate image of the company.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Understanding of Microsoft Workstations and office packages, i.e., Office 365/2016, Windows, 8/10.
- Organisational skills to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools.
- Ability to communicate technical information to the user estate with a genuine desire to assist the customer.
- Be motivated to achieve outstanding levels of customer service in a team environment.
- Excellent telephone manner & customer facing skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn and progress.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.