Apprentice Systems Engineer (Level 4) ITSM183
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an IT support company who provide software and licensing advice.
You will become a vital asset of the IT Support team, working within a new department. The company is looking for an Apprentice System Engineer with good interpersonal skills, an excellent telephone manner and a solid understanding of Microsoft products, to provide remote support to the client base and to form part of a team that acts as troubleshooting and resolving technical issues for customers.
Through the Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Program, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after, giving you a fantastic opportunity to get a head start in your IT career or to build on your qualifications. For more details, keep reading
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main responsibilities will include delivering support via telephone, email, etc. to our customer base, raising tickets for every query, monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of our customer base, installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems and ensuring the smooth running of computer systems and that users get maximum benefits from them.
- Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the customer, and includes the following (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Delivering exceptional customer service remotely
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking the customer through a series of actions over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software.
The Ideal Candidate:
A bright, enthusiastic, hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. With a friendly personality, able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service to the companies they will be supporting. We want a positive, can-do attitude from someone who isn';t afraid to ask questions and where necessary, challenge why things are done the way they are, who will drive improvement and add value.
They are looking for someone with:
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must. A team player
- Friendly personality
- Good Time Keeper
- The ambition to learn new skills and further your career in IT.
You will need a good eye for detail with a view to improving results on a daily basis.
You will have good customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.Personal qualities You will be personable, have a willingness to learn and enjoy learning & working. Qualifications required
You should have GCSE Maths & English at C or above and Cs or above in 3 or 4 other subjects at least. You will have enjoyed school, and you';ll be ready for a new learning environment in the world of work.
You will need to have completed a level 3 IT Apprenticeship.
You will have obtained a GCSE, A-level or BTEC in ICT.Future prospects You will be joining a new department, allowing for the successful candidate to help shape the direction of the department including product verticals. It is expected that a 3 tier support desk will be created with the opportunity to branch out into pre-sales consultancy.