Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: core hours 9:30am - 5:30pm which can alter – 8:30am – 4:30pm – 9am-5pm.
About the company:
We are an independent games development studio based in Guildford, established in 2008. We currently employ just over 300 talented people working on console and PC games. Our teams are an eclectic mix from very technical programmers to highly creative artists, designers, and audio specialists. We pride ourselves on our friendly, energetic, and collaborative working environment.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Supermassive Games, a Games Designer based in Guildford.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and reliable apprentice who will support the Director of IT and Facilities and the IT and Facilities team with the day-to-day running of those areas.
As this is an apprentice position, attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn are more important than specific skills and experience.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Updating Tickets.
- Break/Fix PC.
- Setting up a new starter PC/Monitors.
- Supporting clients and staff.
- Assigning licences.
- Updating asset management system.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills Required – knowledge of any of the following would be advantageous:
- Desktop support (installation, configuration, customisation, peripherals - graphics cards, printers, cabling).
- Supporting Windows and Mac OSX.
- Building and maintaining desktop build images.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technologies (future releases of desktops and the hardware market).
- Maintaining the stock cupboard (ensure sufficient stocks levels and that the room is tidy).
- Ensuring all physical hardware is asset tagged and that all software is registered within the asset system.
- Supporting Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Recommending improvements to studio support.
- Positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage. Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components. Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards. Support the information systems needs for your business.