Who you’ll be working for:
Lane Systems provide advice to help improve how the IT system should be ran and administered. Providing a solution for a problem or a potential problem does not necessarily mean additional costs, but ensures efficient running of any infrastructure. Our annual fully inclusive IT Support Contracts give our clients full confidence they require in IT, knowing their professional IT Business Partner is simply a phone call away at all times.
What’s in it for you:
We are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Technician to join our growing and successful support team. You will become part of our friendly team of support technicians providing first class IT support to our widely varied client portfolio. Being the first point of contact for our clients, you will work with a wide variety of hardware and software, and primarily be responsible for repairing IT faults and queries over the phone and using our remote support tools. You will also be required to prepare PCs/Laptops for delivery to clients, and troubleshoot and repair PC and Laptop faults. You may also be tasked to aid 2nd and 3rd line support in their projects if required.
The company offers excellent benefits such as a Healthcare & Wellbeing Scheme, Private Medical Healthcare and extra day annual leave per year employed.
You will be responsible for:
- Acting as the first point of contact for clients, taking phone calls and IT queries
- Performing first line support tasks over the phone using remote access tools
- Making use of our internal job monitoring systems to make sure everyone is always up to date with work progress
- Building, repairing and troubleshooting PC/Laptops
- Working with 2nd/3rdline technicians with projects when required
- Maintaining a high level of customer service to our clients
You will need the following skills:
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 10/11
Good timekeeping and communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Willingness and passion to increase your IT knowledge and qualifications
- Excellent customer-facing support skills
The following experience is desirable:
- Over 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Certifications such as Microsoft
- Knowledge of server operating systems and technologies (Server 2022/2019/2016/2012/DHCP/DNS etc)
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
40 hours per week
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.