At Systemagic we have over 20 years’ experience providing business award winning IT support services. We understand that our client’s IT systems are an integral part of their business and work closely with our clients to ensure the performance, stability, security and longevity of their systems in place. Our approach is entirely customer focused as we are committed to providing what our clients want, when they need it, in the most effective manner to ensure that the technology works for you.
All of our services are offered on a 30-day rolling contract basis and we are proud that the majority of our clients have been working with us for many years including clients that initially signed up on a short-term basis back in 1999! We are dedicated to providing a great service to businesses of all sizes and continue to enjoy watching our clients grow their businesses along with us.
We operate from a modern open plan office, complete with Netflix, a free fully stocked snack fridge, sofas and shower should you wish to cycle to work or take a mid-day run.
Our previous apprentices have gone on to develop within the business and our strategy is to recruit fresh future talent and develop and retain them within the business, this approach has led to us winning many awards over the years.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
£15,000 per annum.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Proactively and reactively deliver 1st line helpdesk and technical support as required to our clients.
- Administer service tickets for the service desk, creating new tickets, updating and closing tickets.
- Receive and make telephone calls to our clients and suppliers to ensure class leading service is provided.
- Maintain and update internal client documentation and database systems as required for our clients and the engineering team.
- Ensure client satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Be aware of commercial opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
- Contribute to an environment that fosters open communication and trust with all team members, clients and other stakeholders.
- This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The successful candidate will be expected to fully participate in such a process if required to positively develop the role.
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of PC's\Macs – various Operating systems and hardware
- Some fundamental networking understanding would be beneficial
- Understanding of MS Office and other mainstream applications
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Have a “can do attitude” and contribute to a “winning” culture in the team
- Be able to communicate clearly orally and via writing to Systemagic team members, suppliers and clients
- Understand and display true customer service principals – i.e. doing what you say you will do, understanding our client’s point of view, changing their style of communicating in order to be understood; remaining calm at all times
- Diligence and disciplined with administering helpdesk and tickets
- Enthusiasm and desire for making our clients lives better via technology
- Be open and honest – match the Systemagic culture
- Have sense of humour and be able to work as a team
- Potential – able to acquire new skills quickly; become an irreplaceable asset for Systemagic, and desire long term success as the company grows
- Physically healthy – able to lift PCs, servers, reach under desks etc
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Never suffer the Monday morning commute again – we work from home Mondays and Tuesdays every week
- Holiday allowance that increases after each year
- Get your birthday off
- Competitive salaries with regular reviews
- Financial spot-rewards for exceptional performance
- Generous contributory pension
- Unlimited training opportunities
- Discounts on iPhones and Apple devices
- A fun and relaxed office environment with comfy air conditioned offices and free on-site parking
- “Treats fridge” stocked with free drinks and snacks every week
- Staff break out area including XBox, Racing Simulation Chair, Netflix, NowTV, Amazon Prime
- Shower facilities
- Regular nights out, group activities and ‘dirty’ lunches, all paid for by the company
- The opportunity to make a direct contribution to the success of the business and share in its success and rewards!
May lead to permanent employment for the right candidate on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
An advanced apprenticeship in IT can lead to jobs such as Software or Web Developer, Support Engineer, Software Tester or Network Planner, and much more. You could progress to a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in IT.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.