What will the apprentice be doing?
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Technology Support Apprentice to be part of our innovative team based in Coleshill to support all areas within the technology team in delivering technical support to internal customers across all business areas
- During your apprenticeship with us you will gain valuable hands-on experience with the opportunity to carry out tasks in telecommunications, user hardware, ERP/applications and general technology administration. The successful candidate will be supported through a Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship, over a four year period
- This role will work closely with their mentors and line manager in the Tech Support team who will create a positive and supportive working environment that will enable the Apprentice to put their academic learning into practice, whilst having the opportunity to add real-time value and contribute to each team
Other duties may include:
- Support the organisation's analytics strategy by providing support to colleagues across various organisational teams to use data and information appropriately and effectively
- Consider and apply relevant data governance and security frameworks and legislation
- Transform data from different sources into meaningful information by engaging in a methodical process that includes extraction, transformation, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of organisational data
- Show an awareness of quantitative and qualitative data analysis approaches and help to define key reporting metrics
- Engage in learning and development activities to sustain professional knowledge and skills in the field of data analytics
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The drive to build positive, professional relationships and enjoy
- working as part of a successful team
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively
- An interest in process improvement
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The primary role of a data analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide new business insight to a range of stakeholders. They are responsible for contributing to the provision of up-to-date, accurate and relevant data analysis for the organisation. They are typically involved with managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data across the network infrastructure. They look for opportunities to provide information derived from data to support organisational strategy. They have a current understanding of data structures, applicable software development practices and the range of tools such as dashboards and reports used to undertake a wide range of standard and custom analytical studies, providing data solutions to a range of business issues
- We are in partnership with the Open University, and the qualification you will achieve at the end will be a BSc (Honours) Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions
- Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship, awarded by Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE)
- Air Liquide, Station Rd, Coleshill, Birmingham B46 1JY, United Kingdom
- Based at Coleshill (Travel essential to UK locations
- Apprenticeship Training and on-the-job training support will be provided, as well as planned hours to complete the apprenticeship
- Once the apprenticeship has finished, you will be fully embedded as part of the technology team as a key member of the team
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Manage time effectively, An interest in process improve Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 6 and above) Desired
Other Interest in IT (Grade PASS) Desired Things to consider
Travel to other UK sites may be required. Driving licence preferred.