What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will be supported by our in-house Training Manager throughout your apprenticeship
- On a monthly rotation between all departments to ensure you get an overview of all aspects of the engineering business
- Rotation includes core manufacturing, project and business management
- Daily duties will vary depending on rotation dept at the time, but you will be involved in the processes from the ground up including manufacturing, finishing and packing products
Our apprenticeship offers you the chance to achieve a degree in Engineering Manufacturing Management. We will ensure that you get the full picture of the business, from core manufacturing, to project and business management.
Your first year at Superior will be spent full time in our training Academy with our dedicated training manager to support you. One day a week will be spent at Bournemouth and Poole College, to ensure you get a full understanding of an engineering business, from the ground upwards. Once you have completed your first year in our Academy, you will complete monthly rotations in each area of the business then move into your first permanent role.
Our Engineering Apprenticeship is accredited by The Institution of Mechanical Engineers IMechE.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Manufacturing Engineer (degree) Apprenticeship standard Level 6
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Functional Skills in English and maths up to Level 2 as required
- Full Health and Safety training
- Manual machining
- CNC machining
- Mechanical Inspection
- Finishing skills
- Analytical Methods for Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Processes
- Business and Project Management
- Leadership and development
Upon successful completion and End Point Assessment of the Level 6 Apprenticeship (as required), we will support you on the apprenticeship up to and including completing your degree in Engineering.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Willing to learn, Practical Skills, Commitment Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Minimum of 4 GCSEs including English & Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade C or above) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Pass) Desired Things to consider
As part of the application process, we will ask you to also apply to the Bournemouth & Poole College. Upon successful Employer interview, you will also be expected to attend a College interview. Details will be communicated to you.