What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Develop knowledge of our manufacturing sites, processes and KP and retailer branded products
- Develop knowledge of UK & EU food legislation and policy compliance
- Develop knowledge of recipe and specification management. Includes raw material, packaging, and product specifications. Both internal specifications and external customer specifications. Learn how to check and approve specifications completed by our suppliers for materials supplied to KP Snacks, generate product specifications for our customers, generate product labelling and approve artwork for packaging. Also, the use of various IT systems in place to complete these processes
- Develop knowledge on health and nutrition issues relevant to our portfolio and both our internal policies and customer policies
- Develop knowledge on sustainability issues with an understanding of the environmental impact of food manufacturing and our sustainable and environmental goals
- Develop technical knowledge on raw materials used for food manufacture their production processes and functionality within snack foods
- Develop practical experience of the requirements for new raw materials, packaging, supplier and/or product approval including factory trials
- Develop technical knowledge around site quality principles with an understanding of quality management. Demonstrating food safety both practically and through document control, HACCP, GMP, traceability, compliance to specification and ensuring non-conformances are closed out effectively. Supporting site teams with audit preparation
- Develop knowledge around food safety with an understanding of food safety issues
You will spend 20% of your time with Nottingham Trent University, studying for a BSc in Food Science and Technology which is accredited by the Institute of Food Science and Technology and endorsed by the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink.
Whilst on campus, you'll be based at Nottingham Trent University's Brackenhurst Campus, Southwell NG25 0QF.
The training will be block release.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Position within our Technical or Quality team
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
A Level or equivalent 2 A-Levels Minimum (Preferably 1 science-based) (Grade C) Essential Things to consider
• Ideally holding a valid driver's licence. • Must be willing to travel. Potential to have periods of work experience at any one of the sites within the group and visits to suppliers