What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will work under the supervision of several engineers on the delivery of System Engineering projects covering Rail, Highway and Defence projects. They will be involved with projects for a variety of clients to help achieve their objectives and improve the quality of life of their customers. Typical tasks and activities include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support senior team members to deliver high-quality deliverables and outputs to help address our client's challenges
- Performing required activities (investigation, analysis and design) associated with projects in line with project requirements and demonstrating compliance with requirements
- Contributing to the management of requirements and documents on the project document management system
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Support and facilitate our client engagements developing key communication skills
- Gaining awareness of and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills
- Support the growth of our services communities.
- Identifying opportunities to learn, grow and develop using our internal communities, team members and training materials
This programme will see you obtain a BSc Rail & Rail Systems Engineering Level 6 with our training partner, London South Bank University on a day release basis.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Apprentices will progress into the team following the apprenticeship on to senior roles as applicable within the Company.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5 or C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade B or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Physical Sciences (Grade B or above) Essential