What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist Graduate and Site Engineers in major engineering control activities
- Carry out engineering checks as directed
- Carry out surveys and site measurements
- Provide site operatives and supply chain colleagues with information from drawings, schedules, and specifications
- Complete quality check sheets and enter into built files
- Produce as built drawings and records for activities
- Keep accurate records (diaries, photographs, and records of site discussions)
- Work to weekly programme drafted by others
- Produce accurate daily records of resources employed including subcontractors
- Provide details of outputs achieved
- You will complete the Level 6 Civil Engineering Site Management Degree Apprenticeship over 5 years on day release one day a week at a local university
The following qualifications will be gained:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- Engineering Technician status and Technician Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Incorporated Engineer status and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Career development support available and further career development within Balfour Beatty
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths, English and Science (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Science, Maths or Engineering (Grade - 3 A levels or equivalent) Essential