What will the apprentice be doing?
As a level 5 apprentice, you will be a key member of the team and your daily duties may include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Observe, assess, plan, facilitate and participate in play opportunities which include current curriculum requirements
- Provide a dynamic, evolving and enabling environment that reflects the current interests, motivations and play of individual and groups of children
- Engage in effective strategies to develop and extend children's learning and thinking, including sustained shared thinking
- Support and promote children's speech, language and communication development and determining and adapting appropriate responses and interventions
- Support children to engage in a range of learning contexts such as individual, small groups and larger groups as appropriate for their play and support confidence within social experiences
- Ensure staff are deployed effectively to suit and enhance the learning environment, prioritising the safety and wellbeing of all children
- Be confident to identify, action and competently challenge issues and undertake difficult conversations where appropriate
- Advocate for children through their child centred approach, listening to the voice of the child, ensuring children's rights, views and wishes are heard, respected and acted upon at all times.
- Offer appropriate support and influence decisions in the best interests of the child
Early Years Lead Practitioner Level 5 standard:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Early Years Level 5 Diploma
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- On the job training
Full-time employment maybe available at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Organisation skills, Team working, Communication skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential Things to consider
If you are using public transport to get to this employer, please ensure you have researched the route and that a regular service is available.