What will the apprentice be doing?
- An opening within an exciting, growing business. This position offers the opportunity to quickly grow into a fully-fledged sales role with a high level of autonomy (external meetings B2B, with support initially) and a long-term career for the right candidate. As a small business each department works together which is why we are able to maintain the retention rate the business enjoys with its customers. We work together to drive growth and believe passionately that we do what we do better than the vast majority of our industry
- It's in our interest that you succeed, you will be given at every opportunity to develop your skill set, encouraged and mentored by the Sales Director to whom you will report
- This role will develop as your knowledge and skills do, thus a driving licence would be an advantage enabling you to visit companies and your existing customers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Making outbound calls, contacting local companies
- Cleansing your data as you go, information gathering over the phone
- Understanding the company requirements, logging existing contract and personnel data
- Logging data within CRM allowing you to build a sales funnel of warm leads
- Learning from your peers about objective handling
- Understanding your products and services!
- Allocating time to understand the wider industry, trends within it, and why software is more important today than it ever for companies aspiring to a 'paper light' environment.
- Allocating time to understand the functions, features and benefits of hardware and software and what these mean to companies that will become your customers.
- Use of market intelligence to build database prospects based on scenario specifics, for example a new company to the area for example
- Looking for improvements where possible in current processes
- Real-world and practical experience
- Full training will be given in order to complete the above duties to the best of your ability. CSR Digital and Boom Training will provide ongoing guidance and support throughout the apprenticeship
Level 4 ISP Sales Executive Standard, which includes:
- Modules covering Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours in Sales
- You'll have a personal tutor to guide you through your training
- You will attend online 1:1 sessions with your tutor every 2/3 weeks
- End Point Assessment (online)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths & English if required
- Sales Executive Certificate from IfATE and City & Guilds
www.boomtrainingltd.co.uk/coursesWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The enthusiastic individual will join a growing team, gaining skills that will enable them to become a senior member of the team, managing individuals within their team with a prosperous career ahead of them in Sales/Account Management.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Confident, Enthusiastic, Driven, Outgoing Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade D/3 is the minimum) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3 is the minimum) Essential