What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Attend meetings with various sub-contractors, or the client, to discuss things like the programme, delays and costs
- Work with various sub-contractors or clients to resolve issues with ongoing projects
- Working alongside Quantity surveyors to discuss quantity take offs, variations and orders
- Working alongside the site manager, helping to coordinate projects on site
- Regular site visits for progress checks on construction projects
- Producing drawings/plans on software such as Revit
- Producing client documents such as stage 1 reports using Adobe software e.g., InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop
- Attend partnership, recruitment any other events that helps to promote partners and the programme
- Assist with essential building tasks such as planning, designing and project management which could include analyse client requirements and develop detailed designs, risk assessment of design solutions and managing projects
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will complete a Higher Apprenticeship programme in Design, Construction and Management, underpinned by HNC/D, providing a pathway to progression at a wide range of universities
- You'll spend one day a week studying and developing your knowledge in building design and performance through a combination of lectures, tutorials, field work and site visits
- You will receive the Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment
Full-time employment with one of our Plan BEE partners.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Methodical, Interest in construction, Driven, Motivated, Confident Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths, English & Science (Grade A* - C/ 9 - 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A Levels (Grade A - C) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Extended diploma (Grade Merit/Distinction) Essential Things to consider
As this is an HNC/HND programme you must have completed A Levels or Level 3 qualification. * You must have a passion for design, construction and leadership. * It's not for the faint hearted; the pace will be fast and you will be expected to excel in your development so you can progress to the next stage.