What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients
- Assisting with organisation and updating of site documentation.
- Create and display information posters on site notice boards for operatives and visitors
- Assist the site/project manager with compiling photos and quality records required by the client and employer's agents
- Assist the site team with monitoring stock and ordering tools and materials
- Record, control and report on progress on the project
- Assist the site operations team with ensuring that subcontractor HSE paperwork is received on time and contains the correct information
- Assisting the site operations team with HSE checks and records
- Take a positive approach by reporting to site managers safety issues on site
- Assist the site team with checking the quality of work by our subcontractors, both interim and final handover inspections
- Report any issues with damaged materials or damage to finished works to site managers
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will study for and be expected to pass the Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship over 36 months at East Surrey College on day release
- You will be given a career path on joining that will take you through the different roles and experiences you should gain through the apprenticeship
- Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent STEM subjects (min 5 GCSEs) and English (Grade 9-4) Essential
A Level or equivalent STEM subjects (min 2 A levels or equivalent) (Grade A-C) Essential