What will the apprentice be doing?
You will join a team of ambitious and passionate developers to learn and contribute to projects for clients.
Your duties will include:
● Attending discovery and planning meetings to help the team decide what to build
● Attending and inputting into development team meetings
● Assisting the support team with assigning support tickets and keeping clients informed of progress, completing tickets as skills improve
● Assisting the QA team with automated and manual testing of websites and applications
● Content administration - Use CMS interface to create and update content on client sites
● Site Administration - Use CMS interface to create and administer different types of content, lists of content, tags, users, displays and templates
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be provided by The Coders Guild.
You will be learning current, marketable skills on the job and receive practical, no-holds-barred mentoring. Having the opportunity to learn from a supportive team will help you to become a better, more rounded developer.
Group training will also be provided with other web development apprentices. The Coders Guild utilize Slack (industry standard messaging app) to keep in touch with all apprentices, mentors, trainers and past apprentices across the country.
Training will specialise in foundational code skills in;
Essential tools like;
● the command line
● source control
And fundamental concepts like;
Throughout your employment you will also begin to learn other languages and look to specialise in your chosen area.
Training and support will be provided remotely. You will receive regular reviews with your Coach and Manager as well as being provided with a dedicated Pastoral Coach for the duration of your apprenticeship.
On completion of your apprenticeship you will achieve a Level 4 Software Developer qualification.
Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a top growth and ever changing industry, you will have gained the knowledge and experience to progress with your career into Senior Dev positions or other specialisms in the industry.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent Computer Science or other IT subject (Grade Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Computer Science or other IT subject (Grade Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Desired
Other Software Developer Apprenticeship (Grade Level 3) Desired
Things to consider
The employer reserves the right to close the vacancy before the closing date, subject to sufficient applications being received