What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work with children who have become involved in the Criminal Justice System, helping them navigate the range of options available and supporting them to make positive informed choices and sustainable change about their futures
- Assist in the delivery of interventions that will help children divert away from criminal activity and deter them from re-offending in the future, including gaining employment opportunities
- Working across the community including our Family Hubs, our dedicated youth space and in the young person's home
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 Children & Young People Practitioner qualification
- Training delivered by Impact Futures
- One day a week
- There is the potential for you to secure long term employment with the Council upon completion of your qualification, and the ability to also apply for internal vacancies restricted to employees throughout your apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Minimum 5 GCSE - including English & Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent A Level 3 qualification (A Level/BTEC) (Grade Pass) Essential