What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist in the delivery of interventions that will help prepare young people for independence and adulthood, including gaining employment opportunities
- You will be placed within our Youth Support Team, working across the community including our Family Hubs, our dedicated youth space and in the young person's home
- Shadow colleagues working right across the service, supporting a caseload of young people aged 16 -25 with access to excellent in-house and external professional development
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 - Children & Young People Practitioner Apprenticeship qualification
- Training delivered by Impact Futures
- One day a week
There is the potential for you to secure long term employment with the Council upon completion of your qualification, and the ability to also apply for internal vacancies restricted to employees throughout your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Minimum 5 GCSE - including English & Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent A Level 3 qualification (A Level/BTEC) (Grade Pass) Essential