What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Supporting the Revenues, Benefits and Welfare teams
- Maintaining records and sensitive information in accordance with legal and GDPR requirements
- Develop your skills to understand and deliver all aspects of Council Tax, Business Rates, Benefits and Welfare including billing, collection, assessments, and enforcement
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 Revenue & Welfare Benefits Practitioner qualification
- Training delivered by Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation
- One day a week
- There is the potential for you to secure long term employment with the Council upon completion of your qualification, and the ability to also apply for internal vacancies restricted to employees throughout your apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent A Level 3 qualification/equivalent work experience (Grade Pass) Essential