What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Investigate reports of sub-standard housing conditions and poor management practices inspecting residential dwellings in accordance with the relevant legislation
- Liaise with property owners/managers and regulators to resolve any issues of non-compliance
- Undertaking a range of duties in relation to privately rented properties that require intervention, securing improvements through negotiation or enforcement
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Training delivered by Babington
- One day a week
- There is the potential for you to secure long term employment with the Council upon completion of your qualification, and the ability to also apply for internal vacancies restricted to employees throughout your apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Minimum 5 GCSE - including English & Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent A Level 3 qualification (A Level/BTEC) (Grade Pass) Essential