About the apprenticeship
• Provide proactive and reactive administration support to the whole bus team by arranging meetings, managing diary time, and supporting with emails to ensure the bus team can deliver projects to time cost and quality.
• Be responsible for taking minutes in meetings, chasing actions, preparing presentations and other materials needed for meetings, and issuing pre-meeting document packs and post-meeting minutes by being organised to ensure that meeting efficiency is maximised.
• Proactively assist the finance team by requesting approval from project managers to GRNI invoices so that accounts are kept up to date and suppliers are paid promptly.
• Support others in the team as required by undertaking ad-hoc administration tasks that need to be completed to ensure TfW can provide a service provision that is fit for purpose.
• Communicate and follow up with internal and external project stakeholders by providing timely updates to them to make those affiliated with the project aware of progress.
When you join us, you'll also be joining our wider apprenticeship community and you'll become a member of our Apprenticeship Academy. The aim of our academy is to grow and develop our apprentices, equipping you with the skills you need now and in the future. You'll also have access to a wide variety of resources from attending monthly masterclasses covering a broad range of topics, to networking and getting to know your fellow apprentices, as well as so much more.
• Avid Learner - Aims to continuously improve and utilise skills, knowledge and behaviours required within apprenticeship.
• Drive for Results - Acts on own initiative to achieve results. Encourages fresh thinking by looking for opportunities to do things differently and being open to new ideas.
• Working with Others - Operates well with others and demonstrates an understanding and respect for everybody's differences.
• Persuasive Communication - Communicates well both orally and in writing, demonstrating the ability to choose the right style of communication to fit the audience in order to achieve positive outcomes.
• Analysis and Problem Solving - Uses knowledge and skills to identify, analyse and interpret relevant information to creatively solve problems.
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Apprenticeship Learning Solutions Ltd
Training provider course:
About the employer
Transport For Wales
3 Llys Cadwyn
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Should your application be shortlisted, you'll be invited to attend one of our friendly assessment centre in the first 2 weeks of July followed by a final interview. The successful candidate will start their apprenticeship the week commencing 4th September 2023.