What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice, your day-to-day tasks will vary, as we'll expose you to all aspects of our work;
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- How to produce detailed designs and drawings
- Use the latest computer modelling software
- Undertake site surveys
- Research ground-breaking technologies
- Have regular meetings with project teams, clients or end users
- Prepare engineering system designs on computers
- Writing specifications
- Monitoring progress on construction sites
You will receive one day study leave during term times to attend university to work towards your BSc or BEng Building Services Engineering degree. The Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship for Building Services Design Engineer will provide a route to gain Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 66 months,but this will depend on the previous experience of the apprentice and opportunities to gain the full range of competence.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Graduate electrical or mechanical engineer
- Potential job opportunities in the sector
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Science Subject (Grade A-C) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Building Services (Grade Merit) Desired Things to consider
• Genuine interest in developing a career within the sector