What will the apprentice be doing?
As a civil engineering degree apprentice in our Highways team in Bristol, you will support the team in the delivery of highway and infrastructure digital design solutions ranging from simple housing estate roads and new builds to complex improvements of motorway junctions.
Your tasks could include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Drawing production
- 2D and 3D software design
- Report writing and liaising with our design teams and our clients
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will attend the University of the West of England to study a Civil Engineering degree apprenticeship and gain a bachelors qualification, as well as completing your End Point Assessment (and your Incorporated Engineer status) with the Institution of Civil Engineers
- You will also be enrolled onto a bespoke internal development programme to help you to attain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully achieve your apprenticeship, and support your career in Civil Engineering
- As this is a permanent position, after gaining your degree, WSP will continue to be committed to your learning and development throughout your career with us
- You will have the opportunity to work towards gaining Chartered status with your chosen institution, as well as the opportunity to pursue your further study and training goals
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Creative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs including English, Maths, Science (Grade Level 5 or above (6 Maths)) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A Levels to Include Maths and Science (Grade Grade BBC or above) Desired
BTEC or equivalent toinclude Further Maths (Grade Grade DDM or above) Desired