What will the apprentice be doing?
The Specialist Taxes team provides advice and support to our clients in specific niche areas of tax. The main areas you will have an opportunity to work within are as follows:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Expatriate tax - helping organisations plan international assignments and to manage their cross-border workers, from supporting them with immigration requirements to helping them structure cost effective reward packages and ensuring that they satisfy all overseas reporting and filing requirements
- Employment tax - helping organisations grow, mitigate and manage their risks more effectively. They do this by helping enhance employee reward, reducing employer costs and putting more robust governance controls on key tax risk areas in place
- Tax Investigations - matters ranging from individual tax disputes, to large, complex and high-profile cases. They help individuals, companies and trusts selected for investigations, as well as proactively working with companies to support them in managing their reputational risk, given the increasing complexity of their reporting and filing requirements
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We will fund your study towards the combined ATT/CTA qualification
- You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training
- You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars
- In your final year you will be expected to take on significantly more responsibility. Depending on the client, this may involve taking the lead on a technical area or a team and ensuring the entire audit file is completed. This will include a combination of working to stated deadlines, managing the work of junior members, taking responsibility for the budget, and presenting in both team and client meetings
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade n/a) Essential Things to consider
n/a - please check out our website for further details of the role: https://jobs.mazars.co.uk/jobs/vacancy/tax-school-leaver-specialist-tax---september-2023-2619-birmingham/2637/description/